Moore's now classic Creating Public Value offered advice to public managers about how to create public value.
Recognizing Public Value
But that book left a key question unresolved: how could one recognize in an accounting sense when public value had been created? Here, Moore closes the gap by setting forth a philosophy of performance measurement that will help public managers name, observe, and sometimes count the value they produce, whether in education, public health, safety, crime prevention, housing, or other areas. Les mer.
- Protection of Materials and Structures From the Space Environment;
- Recognizing Public Value?
- Web-Based Education and Pedagogical Technologies: Solutions for Learning Applications!
- Women at the Top.
- Recognizing public value [electronic resource] / Mark H. Moore | National Library of Australia!
- The method of moments in electromagnetics!
Om boka Mark H. Blending case studies with theory, he argues that private sector models built on customer satisfaction and the bottom line cannot be transferred to government agencies.
Recognizing Public Value by Mark H. Moore | | Hardcover | Barnes & Noble®
The Public Value Account PVA , which Moore develops as an alternative, outlines the values that citizens want to see produced by, and reflected in, agency operations. These include the achievement of collectively defined missions, the fairness with which agencies operate, and the satisfaction of clients and other stake-holders.
- Polymer Clay Creating Functional and Decorative Objects?
- Mark Moore: Recognizing Public Value.
But strategic public managers also have to imagine and execute strategies that sustain or increase the value they create into the future. Leading and recognizing public value.
Public Administration , 97 2 pp. This article examines the relationship between leadership and public value, which is particularly challenging in a context of explicit contest and conflict. The theoretical framework is illustrated through a case study of policing rural crime.
- Application of Super Absorbent Polymers (SAP) in Concrete Construction: State-of-the-Art Report Prepared by Technical Committee 225-SAP.
- Jupiter - The Largest Planet;
- Game Theory A Very Short Introductionl!
- Self-Study in Physical Education Teacher Education: Exploring the interplay of practice and scholarship;
- Library Hub Discover.
- Recognizing Public Value?
The study reveals that the police worked with multiple and competing publics rather than a single homogeneous public, and that part of their leadership role was to create and convene a public space in which different voices and divergent views could be expressed. The study notes that research needs to pay attention to the loss and displacement of public value, not solely its creation and recognition. The need to convene multiple publics required the police to lead, as part of a leadership constellation, and with political astuteness.
The findings have wider relevance for other public services, and for studies of leadership and public value at the intersection between the state and civil society.